Your Acne Is Gone! Now What?
Getting rid of acne is a huge accomplishment for your appearance. However, your skin problems may not be over. If you suffer from severe and persistent acne, there’s a chance you have acne scars, which can be a blow to your confidence. Luckily, the specialists at Front Door MedSpa™ offer a variety of treatments to get rid of acne scars while improving the look and feel of your skin’s surface. That way, you can feel bold in how you look.
Minimize your acne scars and revitalize your skin today. Read our guide below to learn how the experts at Front Door MedSpa™ in Rochester, MI can help you.
What Are Acne Scars?
Most teenagers and young adults develop acne at some point, but the overall severity widely varies. In cases where the acne pore swells up for long periods, this can cause the walls surrounding it to break down and create damage, resulting in deep acne scars. Though some shallow scars can heal quickly, unremovable excess oil, dead skin cells, and harmful bacteria can threaten the health of your skin in the long term.
Risk Factors of Acne Scars
While several risk factors can increase your chance of developing acne scars, men are more likely to suffer from this type of skin damage. It’s because they tend to produce more androgen hormones, which make their acne more severe.
Other factors that can put you at risk of developing acne include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Body producing too much or too little collagen
- Changes in your body’s hormonal levels
- Delaying treatment for your acne
- Picking, squeezing, or popping your acne
- Having inflammatory acne
Visit the American Academy of Dermatology Association’s website to learn more about the causes of acne scars and what steps you can take to protect your skin’s health.
Acne Scar Treatments
At Front Door MedSpa™, our team offers a variety of treatments to help remove and visibly reduce the appearance of your acne scars. Not all procedures will work for every patient. That’s why during your consultation, we’ll evaluate your skin’s health and medical history to develop a plan of action that works best for you.
We offer the following treatments for patients:
- PDO Therapy Lift: PDO Threads tighten and rejuvenate your skin by boosting your body’s natural supply of collagen. They also relax the tendons and muscles of your face while injection of the threads increases blood flow to the area.
- Dermal Fillers: These gel-like substances are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines, and soften creases or enhance facial contours. They help to improve the surface of your skin, cheeks, and temples.
- Skin Resurfacing: Our practice offers three skin resurfacing options depending on the extent of your acne scars. This treatment uses lasers to treat various conditions like wrinkles, sun spots, and textures.