Enhance Your Skin’s Appearance
Scars occur naturally and represent our skin’s incredible ability to heal itself in response to injury. Normal scars can also be an unwanted reminder of an event or medical condition that may bring back unwanted memories. You shouldn’t have to deal with unwanted marks whether from a medical procedure, environmental injury, or weight loss. Fortunately, at Front Door MedSpa™ our Rochester specialists offer various treatment options to reduce the appearance of scars.
What Are Scars?
You develop scars when the cells in your skin rapidly produce collagen and other connective tissue. It may result from trauma such as injury, weight loss, post-surgery, and other medical conditions. The result is lines that can clash with your natural skin in complexion, color, and texture. While scars can naturally improve over time, in most cases, they won’t go away on their own.
Our Scar Reduction Treatments
At Front Door MedSpa™, we offer various treatment options to reduce the appearance of scars. During your consultation, our staff will review your medical history and consider the severity and location of your scar tissue to develop a treatment plan customized to your needs.
Read below to learn more about our options:
- Secret RF: This method uses a fractional radio frequency (RF) microneedling system to stimulate your skin and regenerate collagen to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Secret RF can also aid skin rejuvenation, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and doesn’t involve manual micro-needling.
- Juliet Machine: Our team can treat your scars by delivering energy to a specific section of your skin, stimulating collagen production. After a few days, the superficial layer of your skin will gradually slough off to reveal a new, restored layer. This system offers faster healing and less downtime compared to other devices.
- PDO Therapy Lift: PDO Threads tighten and rejuvenate your skin by boosting your skin’s collagen production. That way, it can reduce the appearance of scars while increasing blood flow to the treated area.
- Dermal Fillers: These gel-like substances are injected beneath the skin to restore its volume, reduce the appearance of smooth lines, and soften creases. They help to improve the surface of your skin by reducing the appearance of scars.
- Excel V: Excel V uses a wavelength of light that targets red or pink scars whereby reducing the color of the scar and making it less visible. Excel V is particularly useful on acne scars.
The aftercare you receive depends on what type of treatment you underwent for your scars. Your skin may be sensitive for several days, so we recommend staying out of the sun to avoid any potential damage. After your treatment, our staff will provide you with instructions to follow to ensure you get the most out of your procedure.